There is much excitement at andreasmoak.com as we eagerly prepare for the launch of The Next Best You TV. The set, the intro, the topics, the guest and of course - the pancakes! Balloons, music, dancing and excitement fill the air and for one brief moment I think - wow, what if every day were like this?
Could we possibly be this excited every day?
Could we have something to look forward to everyday?
Could we spoil ourselves every day?
Could we possibly feel this loved and this special every day?
I know there is absolute reason to celebrate life everyday- in fact hundreds of reasons!
So let's celebrate everything we are and everything we have...
We can't regenerate time, however we can celebrate the small achievements we receive day by day- We can absolutely celebrate our days right now, and not wait for that big bang, once a year because there's no time like the present!
Here are a few ways I celebrate daily:
- Fill your home with fresh flowers, love, and music
- Spoil yourself
- Blessings and Gratitude
- Spend time with love ones
May your day be touched with sunshine your heart overflow with love & your soul sing with hope. May everything in your life sparkle with a radiance that comes only from happiness.
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup Betty Crocker Super moist yellow cake mix
1 Tablespoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 cups milk
For the Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- Combine flour, cake mix, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix.
- Add 1 cup of milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth. Add additional milk until batter has the consistency of pancake batter. You can also add more cake mix if you want your pancakes to have a stronger cake batter flavor.
- Preheat a skillet to low to medium heat. Fold desired amount of sprinkles into batter. Pour batter in 1/4 cup measurements onto skillet and let cook until bubbles form on top, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for 1 minute more. Serve with vanilla glaze (recipe follows).
- For vanilla glaze: mix powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla and milk until glaze forms. You may need to add a little more milk to reach desired consistency so that it can be drizzled. Mix into glaze and drizzle on pancakes.
- Adapted from How Sweet It Is (http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/01/cake-batter-pancakes/)