Are you more loyal to your fears than to your dreams? Do you let indecision quel your thirst for adventure?
We’ve all been there. After all, it’s far easier to listen to the full-bodied fear in your heart than it is to be guided by the quiet complacency of childhood dreams.
What do you do when this happens? Well, Every day, people just like you take charge of their destiny by committing to their dreams and being bold in the pursuit.
The key to success in life is to move from being "interested" in something to being COMMITTED! Just being interested or wanting to be something, do something or have something ISN'T ENOUGH! Once you COMMIT to making your dreams come true THAT is when SUCCESS will happen!! Today get COMMITTED to your dreams and start BELIEVING success is just around the corner!!
Here's a few things to ponder:
What if I want to change my commitment?
Dreams rarely change, but goals, commitments, plans, and actions can and should change as you grow. Before you ever decide to change a commitment, though, you must ask yourself if your goals have shifted. If they haven't, then one of the following will be true:
- Your commitments were unrealistic. If this is the case, you need to be careful when you make your next commitment that it is something you can actually pledge to do and achieve.
- You've simply decided to let yourself off the hook because your commitment has become difficult. In this case, you need to coach yourself off the quitting ledge.
- Be specific about your dream.
- Turn your dream into a burning desire.
- Turn your burning desires into goals.
- Take action now.
- Set short-term goals
- Review your progress regularly.
- Knowledge; Knowing exactly what is your dream and accepting that is exactly what you want.
- Visualization; Have a vivid picture in your mind or video of how your dream will be when you accomplish it.
- Be confident; Have no doubts in yourself what so ever,this will lead to reverse thinking which will surround you with positive energy and you will receive a corresponding positive result.
- Meditate; Relax and calm your mind,soul and body.
- Using the above steps and work towards your dream with all your focus,concentration and confidence.
How Do I recommit when I just want to give up?
Try a little self-talk. "I committed to this goal, and I have the strength and willpower to follow through on my commitment to myself (or my family, or my friends, etc.)." Or, if the carrot doesn't work, try the stick: "If I quit on this goal, it's not because I can't achieve it; it's because I am taking the easy way out and missing out on growth as a result."
Ask someone else for accountability. Tell your friends, spouse, or coach about your goals and their associated commitments. Ask them to evaluate them honestly before you commit to ensure they are specific and realistic. Then, ask them to check in with you from time to time to remind you why you are doing it and to make sure you are still on course. The thought of letting them down may be just enough to keep you dedicated.
A champion is committed to a vision, a dream that originates in the soul and evolves into action. The winged sandal of Hermes, the Greek messenger of the gods, represents limitless potential as it radiates the ability to reach goals swiftly and share messages of love clearly. Look within your heart to summon the energy to finish the fight, believe in the impossible, and become a champion.
Make it a WONDERFUL WINSday!!
The Next Best You
Live Life in Color
Your Girlfriend Next Door